Saturday, October 5, 2013

Race for the Cure!

09/30/13

We did it! Race for the Cure. And in the pouring rain of all things.


My mom is a rockstar. She didn't pause a beat! However, she did manage to lose some very expensive sunglasses. :-( I felt so bad for her. But, success to finishing the walk!

Hubby and I then decided to go 'walking' around our local state fair the next day. This meant we logged a total of at least 8+ miles walked in just 2 days. Holy cow!

However - sad news - I gained 3 lbs!!! Before you go thinking "it's probably from the exercise", NO. It wasn't. I did very bad during my eating plan for the week. Several days of 'slip-ups'. So, I was actually expecting a gain. I'm not upset nor have I let it sabotage this week. 

And in fact, I have created a new weekly workout plan for myself. I figured this would be a good way to help keep myself in check. So far, I'm doing good.

Monday: Rest/Splurge Day
Tuesday: 10 sit ups, 10 push ups, 10 tricep dips, 15 min walk (or 8 min arm toning workout)
Wednesday: 3 min WaterRower, 30 min walk
Thursday: 10 sit ups, 10 push ups, 10 tricep dips, 15 min walk (or 8 min arm toning workout)
Friday: 3 min WaterRower, 30 min walk
Saturday: 10 sit ups, 10 push ups, 10 tricep dips, 15 min walk (or 8 min arm toning workout)
Sunday: 3 min WaterRower, 30 min walk

I've been doing well with it this week and believe that this will continue to keep me on the right path. I've also been sticking well to my new daily WW points value (28 now!) instead of going back to the old number just because I gained weight.

My biggest goal for the week is to get back on track and at the minimum lose the 3 lbs I gained. As long as I do that, I will be happy.

Weight: 252.4 (+3.2 lb gain)

No new measurements until 10/21/13 (and will continue to be monthly)

:~D


No comments:

Post a Comment