Monday, June 10, 2013

Water Aerobics

Our pool is ready! YAY!

This morning I really struggled with getting up to swim or not. Don't know why, because last night I could barely contain my excitement. Husband and I have been working on the pool for a few days, getting it ready to swim. We still have a few things to do, but it is at least in the condition where you can get in and splash around. 

I finally grumbled my way out of bed (1 hour later than I planned) and put on my swimsuit. Plus shorts. Plus a t-shirt.

This is what I swim in. Yes, I know.

I trek outside and test the water with my hand. BRRRR! But I am determined.

Since our steps are sitting in the middle of the pool, I'm going to have to just jump in, none of this ease myself down nonsense. So I stick my feet in (BRRR!), then talk myself out/in to finally stop wussing out and jumping down in the pool.

OMG THIS IS SO FREAKING COLD! 

Then it got soooo much better. 

Once my body adjusted, the temperature of the water was fine. I got the steps put in place so I'd be able to get out and began scrubbing the pool wall. After doing that for a bit, plus getting more floating debris, I decided it was time for my water aerobics. I had researched different exercises to do the last few days, so I had those in my head for what I wanted.

I managed to bang out 30 minutes of water time. I just kept on moving. I did laps around the pool 'running', I used my noodle as a kick board of sorts and kicked laps. I also used my new hand web gloves to do different arm exercises. I LOVED IT. 

My goal is to get in the pool every day that weather/schedule will allow me. It was great for my joints and I knew it was helping me to tone up nicely. 

 

Water: 8 glasses
Workout: 30 min Water Aerobics
Supplements: EvoLean (3), Censor (4), Daily Vitamin (2)
Food
  • Breakfast - Amazing Grass Drink w Unsweetened Almond Milk (10 oz), 1 slice Wheat Bread with 2 tbsp Almond Butter - 5 pts
  • Lunch - Turkey Sandwich - 6 pts
  • Dinner - Fries and Tortilla Shells - 12 pts
  • Snacks - Whey Protein Shake, Popcorn Rice Cakes  - 4 pts
Total pts: 27

No comments:

Post a Comment